Saturday, December 31, 2011

Celeb New Year's Resolutions: Shaved Heads For Charity, Tattoos

'I make resolutions every five minutes and then I never stick to them,' Florence Welch admits.
By Kara Warner


Jessie J, who may be shaving her head for charity in 2012
Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Can you hear that? It's the final hours of 2011 winding down, getting ready for a bright and shiny 2012. And what better way to welcome the new year than with another round of celebrity New Year's resolutions?

MTV News recently sought out a few of our favorite movers and shakers, including Mac Miller, Florence Welch and the boys of Blink-182, to see what they're resolving to achieve next year.

"I make resolutions every five minutes and then I never stick to them," Welch admitted.

"My New Year's resolution is to be more patient and observant," said 2011 Hottest Breakthrough MC nominee Roscoe Dash. "I feel like if you're patient, you're going to be more observant anyway because you've got nothing but time on your hands."

"[I resolve] to have more fun, gain some weight and I want to make a difference in the world. I'm shaving my head next year for charity," 2011 VMA House Artist Jessie J revealed. "I just want to bring more good [to the world]."

Fellow Hottest Breakthrough MC nominee French Montana vowed to keep on keepin' on. "Definitely not to change," he said of his resolution. "Everything I've been doing has been working so far, so definitely not to change."

"My New Year's resolution is to be healthier in every aspect of my life," Mac Miller said with a smile.

We're impressed by all the warm and fuzzy do-good-esque commitments, but Tom Delonge of Blink 182 gets special commendation for his specificity and honesty.

"I want to get another tattoo," Delonge announced. "But I need to exercise before I get it because I want to be able to show it off and look really awesome. It's mostly on my genital area," he joked. "No, no, I want to do a back piece."

"Travis, do you have a New Year's resolution?" Blink 182 frontman Mark Hoppus asked his bandmate Travis Barker. "I'm down with Tom's," Barker said, prompting Hoppus to also throw his support behind Delonge.

"Our New Year's resolution is for Tom to get a back piece," he said.

Before making those resolutions a reality, many celebrities will be out and about on New Year's Eve looking to break loose at a number of big New Year's parties. And MTV will also be getting in on the fun during "NYE in NYC 2012," which will feature Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Mac Miller and more. The show airs live at 11 p.m. ET on Saturday from Times Square, where the famous ball drops.

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676602/new-years-resolutions-2012-celebrities.jhtml

Daisy Fuentes Dania Ramirez Danica Patrick Daniella Alonso

No comments:

Post a Comment