Friday, March 16, 2012

Justin Bieber Collabo 'Isn't Out Of The Question' For Carly Rae Jepsen

'Call Me Maybe' singer says working with Bieber has left her 'rejuvenated.'
By Jocelyn Vena

<P>When <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/bieber_justin/artist.jhtml">Justin Bieber</a> signed up-and-coming pop singer <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/jepsen_carly_rae/artist.jhtml">Carly Rae Jepsen</a>, he wanted to give back. Having been signed by Usher several years back, Justin wanted to keep the cycle of artist-empowerment alive with the rookie singer, who dropped her EP <i>Curiosity</i> last month. </P><P> </P><P>Much like her boss, Bieber, the 26-year-old Canadian caught everyone's attention as a YouTube star. Then her video for "Call Me Maybe" made headlines when Bieber enlisted his pals Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale to star in the clip. </P><P> </P><P><div style="background-color:#000000;width:428px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:748863/cp~vid%3D748863%26instance%3Dmtv%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A748863" width="420" height="236" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div> </P><P> </P><P>"I have no idea why Justin Bieber picked me out of everyone he could have picked, but I'm so glad he did," she told MTV News. "I'm learning just sort of this renewed feeling that dreams can come true and life can be amazing. It's such a twist on my life that he's allowed and I feel ultimately rejuvenated by it." </P><P> </P><P>Right now, Jepsen is out promoting her music on the strength of "Call Me Maybe," and is also working on her full-length album, which may include the teen superstar. "I think a collaboration with Justin Bieber isn't out of the question considering we've already gotten together and worked on a little something," she teased. "But for when that will come out, your guess is as good as mine, but hopefully soon. I like the song." </P><P> </P><P>"Call Me Maybe" is a sunny pop ditty about asking a cute boy out, and it seems to reflect what Jepsen says her music sounds like. "I would describe my sound as pop with a little bit of flower child-ness in it, a little flower pop," she said, adding that it has touches of folk. </P><P> </P><P>So, is Jepsen anything like that girl on her single? "I generally just play eyes at a guy and hope he comes and approaches me, but in this particular instance I was thinking this is how I would do it." </P><P> </P><P><i>What do you think of "Call Me Maybe"? Leave your comment below!</i></p>

Related Artists

Source:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681004/justin-bieber-carly-rae-jepsen-collaboration.jhtml

Jennifer Aniston Jennifer Gareis Jennifer Garner Jennifer Gimenez

No comments:

Post a Comment